Monday, October 15, 2012

Ethnography Idea

    For my Ethnography, I would like to study the Bonfire culture at A&M. I use to hang out with some bonfire kids when I was a sophomore and so I  know a little about them. They're called "Student Bonfire" and they re-emerged a few years after campus bonfire fell. They inherited all the old traditions and symbols from people who were the bonfire leaders during the year it fell. The people who actively participate in student bonfire make most of their friends there, have scheduled dinner schedules, and usually do alot of other things with each other ( sports, going to the bars, etc. ). From what I could tell, it's not so much as an activity, but a culture. I still keep in contact with my friends, and I know I could join them as a guest on my ethnography.

http://www.studentbonfire.com/



No comments:

Post a Comment